February 26, 2007

hitchhiker's guide round four

first of all, i would like to issue forth my sincerest apology to all my frequenters. i have been slightly lax in my updating as of late - not because i didn't want to update, but because i had 21 pages worth of paper due last week, and, thus, my motivation to type anymore of anything was relatively minimal. also, my life didn't consist of much more than writing papers and sleeping and working, so i really didnt have anything ultra-interesting to type about.

not to say that all my present and future topics of type are and will be ultra-interesting, but my motivation seems to have returned a bit. and i just farted.

so here we are on the third-to-last day of february and i have conquered the first wave of school destruction of the semester. which means that i now dont have anything to do for a while. so i am taking this opportunity to read one of my favorite books, 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. i'm on page 113 and i started it yesterday. again, i wish my personal reading excitement crossed over into that of my required reading. because, man, it sucks.

but anyways. THGTTG is officially the funniest book i've ever read. i'm rolling on the floor laughing my tukus off (ROTFLMTO) more often than not. i've read if three times before, but it never loses any humor. my favorite character: Marvin. he's an ultra-depressed robot. hilarious.

and now i'd like to share the first paragraph of the book with you:

"far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

and the book continues from there. the wittiest, cleverest, most ridiculously pointlessly dumb book ever. i say this with an infinitely positive connotation however, because every moment of stupid humor is so great. so so so great.

anyways. like i said, i dont really expect my posts to be worth...anything...but i'm significantly more thrilled to be back on the blog.

-ap.

No comments: