August 02, 2008
thats me waiting for tj's physical therapy appointment to get over with. i couldn't connect to their wireless so i was forced to play with photobooth. rough life really.
lists are fun. lets do a list. i haven't done a list in a while.
- i've been listening to lots of john legend, d'angelo and musiq soulchild lately. i plan to use these as a launching pad extending that list into anthony hamilton, jill scott, and robin thicke as well. and alicia (the latter tracks off diary of and songs in a minor). and perhaps the vintage al green i haven't dabbled in yet. i think my point is that i'm diving headfirst into r&b/soul. Target put out this new john legend live album that i'd like to get my hands on as well. too bad i'm broke phi broke.
- holly is coming in town this weekend. thats my sister. that means that my parents are probably taking her shopping for a new fall school wardrobe. hopefully i'll land a couple fresh 3- or 5-subject notebooks for the upcoming semester. otherwise i think i have everything i need (a new puffer vest and the revival of my blueJays cap in particular...$3 for unending fashion).
- ken griffey jr got traded to the white sox and made his debut last night at kauffman stadium. i was in section 431. this is a tragedy really. i hate the white sox - they don't deserve a player like junior. i haven't decided if i hate the white sox more or less now that they've acquired him - less cause he's on the team, but more cause they've made me frown upon one of the all-time greats. sweetest swing i've ever seen.
- i'm going to the plaza and then to beaver lake for an end-of-the-summer staff retreat at the beginning of next week. it has potential to be on of the funnest events of the summer. i was just dubbed "best work ethic" by a member of our staff last week. i think if she saw me during the school year she would think differently. anyway, i think we'll get to do some cliff jumping and some water skiing. skiing has consecutive i's. like hawaii. strange.
- it's really hot outside. better than really cold. i'd much rather it be august all year than january. january sucks. so does november and february. except this year november = hp6. november sizzler indeed.
at 12:15 PM